Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ruben Family Reunion


A few weeks ago we had the Ruben Family Reunion up at Bear Lake. I haven't been to Bear Lake in 7 years and I really wonder why we haven't made it up there in so long. The kids loved it, it's close to home, you have the beach, hiking, raspberries, so many of my favorite things. We will definitely have to head up again next summer I think. Since the reunion included something like 45 people my Grandma rented out a lodge for us to all stay at with 14 bedrooms and 9 bathrooms. We were very comfortable and had a great time all 4 days. Some of the things we did were the Minnetonka caves, ATV-ing, beach time, Pickleville Playhouse, Bear Lake Pizza, raspberry shakes, ping-pong tournaments (apparently Josh is unbeatable), and the Ruben talent show. I even learned the names of all my cousins while I was there! Here are a bunch of pictures.

We are blessed with such smiley, happy children.

The Minnetonka caves were fun and fairly good workout with all those stairs. The guide actually turned off the lights and let us go through part of the cave in total darkness which was cool.




I love the ATVs, but I'm a little slow. Poor Josh had to keep stopping and waiting for me to catch up. We caught a very pretty view of the lake from up high.

We ordered an "Old Ephraim" size pizza at the Bear Lake Pizza Co. It's 28" and fed all of us with a slice or two to spare.

We ended the trip with the famous Bear Lake raspberry shakes and, of course, a meltdown. Sydney didn't want a raspberry shake. She wanted a plain vanilla cone. We we rolled our eyes and had Tanner trade with her. And everyone was happy again.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Looks like a very fun vacation with the Ruben clan! Cute pictures too, that pizza is huge!

The Rubens said...

that was a fun trip. how funny in your little family picture none of your kids were smiling. :) it was fun seeing you guys and playing in bear lake and girls week.