Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our staycation

Shame on me, I've been a bad blogger lately! It could have something to do with my laptop dying and going through the process of adjusting to my new laptop. Thanks Josh! Glad you understand how important a computer is to me. Anyways, no photoshop on this computer yet so the pictures are not edited. About a month ago we decided to do a little "staycation" (a vacation where we stay home for those not familiar with the term). We did go down to St. George for the first few days so we were away from home for a bit enjoying the nice warm weather.
Here are the kids doing some exploring in Snow Canyon.

Playing in the sand dunes.

The kids are getting to a good stage where we can actually take them to a restaurant without completely embarrassing ourselves. So nice! When we got home we made a list of some things we've wanted to do or see but never get around to it. We decided to get a 6-month membership to the Discovery Gateway museum. The kids love it there and I'm excited to take them this winter when we get a little stir-crazy.

My favorite thing about the museum is that they have all these toys to play with and yet my house stays nice and clean.

The next day we went downtown to the church history museum. Sydney actually has requested to go back to this one more than the discovery gateway. She really loved the "I am a Child of God" exhibit. There were a lot of fun things for kids to do and there was a station that looked like a hospital nursery with lots of little baby dolls and you could hold them, rock them, pretend to feed them, etc. I was happy Natalie really enjoyed the babies too. I hope she likes having a real baby around in May! I'm a little concerned she might get a bit jealous. We'll see.
We walked around temple square and went in one of the visitors centers and also had lunch on the grounds. It was a very pretty day.

On our final day we just went to the zoo to see all the baby animals we've been hearing so much about. My pictures from that are still on my little camera. It was our first visit to the zoo with no stroller. The kids did pretty well! I'm just loving the fact that they can all walk, talk (sort of), and feed themselves. I guess it's time to start potty training soon. Ugh. Anyways, it was a very fun and low-stress vacation that I would definitely recommend.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Potty training twins. Now THAT sounds fun...NOT!