Tuesday, December 21, 2010

6 and 7 months

Here are a few pictures from our 6 and 7 month photo shoots. I recently downloaded the 30-day trial of Lightroom 3 and it was such a fun program to play around with. I'm crossing my fingers that I get that for Christmas since the price dropped to irresistibly low levels around Black Friday. Anyways, I took these in our backyard and I'm glad I caught the fall leaves when I did because winter hit before fall was over this year. I don't think we ever got a chance to rake our leaves before they were covered in snow. That will be fun to deal with in the spring.
I was contemplating a camera upgrade a couple months ago. I was considering switching from the Nikon family to the Canon family. I asked everyone I knew who was into photography what their opinions were on cameras. Everyone had something different to say. In fact two people even owned the same camera and one loved it and one hated it. I think choosing a camera is like a choosing a wand in Harry Potter. You hold it and you just know it's yours - the camera chooses you. Okay, maybe it's not that magical. Anyways, so I just ended up getting confused and I decided not to upgrade at all for now. I did decide to stick with the Nikon brand because it's what I know now. So Josh got me a new lens for our anniversary and I've been having a lot of fun with it. It's a great lens for portraits but has no zoom so that's been a bit of an adjustment. I'm constantly twisting it out of habit. So far I've really loved it. Here's our little baby cutie.

3 comments:

wende said...

gorgeous! you will have to bring your lens to the christmas party so i can see it! :) i can't believe how big camryn is. what is happening to our kids, growing up? not cool.

Andrea said...

A new lens is always fun! Great photos and yeah for joining the Lightroom fan club. I had the beta version for 6 months and it is killing me not to have it anymore. Someday I will upgrade from my measly 1.2 version.

Erin said...

I think that you do a great job with your photos. Your kids are so cute.