Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Family Home Evening

Short. Simple. Message. These are the three goals I'm starting to learn from Lisa to becoming a parent who can communicate with their children. Let me expound on that:

Josh's lesson a month ago:

I was explaining how our faith was like a seed (mustard seed, but since she probably didn't know what mustard was, I just went with 'seed'). I then told her how if we listen to Heavenly Father, our faith will grow.

Sydney's response: "...into a tree?"

Lisa's response: muffled giggles

Lisa's lesson last night:

Lisa explained how the Liahona helped Lehi and his family know where to go when they did what Heavenly Father told them to - it would tell them the right way to go. "Sydney. What does the Liahona do?"

Sydney's response: "point us in the way we should go."

Lisa's response: "and if we listen to Heavenly Father, he'll guide us too."

Josh's response: "Short. Simple. Message."

No comments: