Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hometown celebrity

I must admit I've never really gotten into a season of any tv show until they come out on dvd and I can watch all episodes one right after another. I find that I can't really organize my life around tv. But this year I'm definitely watching American Idol because I sort of know one of them. David Archuleta is friends with my two youngest brothers, Nate and Adam. If you were to ask David if he knows me he probably wouldn't, but if you asked him if he knew Adam's older sister who plays the piano he might remember me. I used to teach piano at my parents' home and there was a time or two I think I went downstairs to ask if he could keep his singing down. I should have just sent the piano student downstairs to learn about music from him instead. Oh and one time he told me I was his hero for being able to play Clair de Lune. Anyways, he is one of the nicest kids I've ever met. So if you think there's no way he's actually as humble and sweet in real life as he appears on tv then I'm here to say that yes, he really is. He so deserves to be the next American Idol. He performed all through my sister Rachel's wedding reception a year and a half ago. Apparently, someone recorded him there and posted it on youtube. 15 seconds is all I could get to download for some reason. That little cutie in the background working with the sound equipement is Adam. If anyone needs a good D.J. he's your guy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been voting for him every week, even when he forgot the lyrics! Can I brag that my friends little brothers are friends with someone famous?

Anonymous said...

we LOVE david! that's so cool that if he wins your sister can say, "i had an american idol sing at my wedding!" we'll keep voting.