Sunday, June 29, 2008

Space

Okay. It's warm enough, the kids are in bed, and it's the perfect time where Saturn is on it's way into the horizon and Jupiter is just on its way up. It's 10:30, Lisa's scrapbooking and I keep interrupting with "ooooo...hey Bean! Come look!" or "okay...last time...come check out Jupiter". Tonight was the first time in a few weeks I've been coherent after 10pm, and it was a great view tonight through the telescope. It wasn't collimated (the mirrors aligned perfectly), but it really got me excited to pull out the laser tomorrow for sharper images. 4 of Jupiters moons were visible and Jupiter itself was extremely gorgeous. This was the first time I've seen Saturn through a telescope, as it was only above the horizon during midday back in October and before there was snow :) Once I'm sure the telescope aka "water heater" (about the same size, thankfully lighter) is collimated, I'll bring the laptop and camera out to record Saturn and Jupiter and take some pics.

It'll also be fun when the moon is visible again during the 9 to midnight timeframe (dark enough yet coherent enough) to take some pics of it too. We're so blessed to have such a beautiful celestial object so close to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh ... I wanna see pics!!! :-)