Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oh so close

Well I had a resolution in 2009 to read 50 books. I'm not a fast reader at all so this was a lofty goal for me and I managed to get in 43. Mostly I aimed for juvenile fiction though because of the quick read aspect. I have a side bar on this blog to show all the books I read. It would be easier to name the few books that I didn't so much like, but I won't get into to those. I liked almost all of the books I read. Some of the books I really loved were The Hunger Games, The Book Thief, The Millionaire Next Door, and the Fablehaven series. So if you're looking for a good book those are some of my recommendations!

4 comments:

Okie said...

Cool...we tied at 43. :)

Good reading.

I need to get into Fablehaven (Jason's read the first book and said it's good). I just finished Hunger Games and absolutely loved it...looking forward to Catching Fire.

The Rubens said...

Congratulations on the baby girl! Very exciting. We can't wait.

Good for you to read all those books during the year, I think I will try some of the ones you liked the best.

Weavers said...

I am glad you posted some of your favs. My sis tried to convince me to read The Book Thief and I listened to about two minutes and got bored. She told me to give it another try and when I saw you loved it I decided to try again. I loved it! 43 though, wow! Good job. When are you going to post some pics of all the work your doing around the house?

wende said...

lisa! where ARE YOU! i'm missing your blog.