Saturday, January 9, 2010

The results are in...

We had our ultrasound a few days ago. We are pleased to announce that there is just one baby in my tummy! Yay! It also looks like we're having another girl. We're all very excited. I was about 95% sure it was a girl this time so it wasn't very surprising. A boy would have been convenient so Tanner would have a brother and the sharing of the rooms would have worked out nicely. But what we really wanted was a healthy baby and everything looks good in that way. We couldn't be happier and we're trying to think of a good name for her. I really feel I need to meet our children before I'll completely settle on a name, but we do have some favorites.
Our new little girl will be sharing a room with Tanner for a while so I'm trying to think of a good boy and girl way of decorating. Anyone have any good ideas? I've been meaning to do something nice with his room so now would be a good time to get around to that. This will be the first baby I'll have where we won't be moving when I'm a month away from my due date! Another yay! I can actually take my time decorating and all that before she arrives.

9 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

Congrats! My son and daughter shared a room for a while too..decorating was a challenge. I think a nice blue can go either way..check out Eden's room..it is a beautiful blue. You can always accessorize with other colors..ie pink on the girl side and navy blue on the boy..

Mike and Shayla said...

Another girl will be so fun!

Sometimes at the fabric store you see a similar print or stripe in 2 color schemes, boyish and girlish. But they still "go" together and have at least one color in common (that you could use for wall paint).

Jones Family said...

Congratulations! We're having another girl as well- girls are wonderful! (as you well know!)

Maybe something with zoo animals or nature (trees, birds, ocean)- they seem to be pretty gender neutral.

Amber said...

Congratulations! Hurray for just one healthy baby and for another little girl. We hope you are all doing well!

Debra said...

Winnie the Pooh or Teddy Bears?

I am like you...don't decide on names til they are here...I thought I knew what I would name Katelyn & Kira, but when they got here I changed my mind.

Michelle and Tony said...

Congrats Lisa, we are very excited for you guys. We really missed you guys at the Christmas party this year. I hope that all is well with your pregnancy.

Okie said...

Congrats. That's way exciting. :)

wende said...

yay for baby girls! :) we're so excited for you - and the not moving while you're pregnant part.

i would say a pale limey green and yellow would be pretty gender neutral, teddy bears go both ways, and other animals too.

congratulations!

Rachel Poulsen said...

Ew I want to help you decorate! Hm...good boy/girl combo, that could be fun. I definately want in, and I'll be thinking of ideas:)