Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Introducing Camryn Elena!


Well she's finally here! I have to say that pregnancy went fast! I have fairly easy pregnancies so maybe that's why. So we had a repeat c-section scheduled for Thursday the 13th, but Monday night I started getting some regular contractions. They would be regular for a while and then slow down and they weren't really strong so I didn't think I was really in labor. They tapered off around midnight enough that I could sleep and kicked back in around 1:30 am. After about an hour of harder contractions I decided I must really be in labor. We had no plan for this. My parents were still on vacation in Italy and wouldn't be home until Wednesday night. I thought I would hold out until Thursday for the c-section, so we didn't really know who to call if I went into labor in the middle of the night. I was so worried that as soon as I called someone my contractions would stop. I decided to try calling my friend Shayla, and luckily she was awake doing laundry at 3 am! Silly Shayla. So she came over and stayed at our house with the kids until morning when Josh's sister Andrea came over. I can't thank those two enough for being willing to help us out that morning!
So we got to the hospital at about 3:30 and I was already dilated to a 5. I had kind of toyed with the idea of doing a vbac if I went into labor on my own. I was really nervous about it though since Sydney's delivery was so traumatic. (I tore a lot and my epidural ran out at the end so I felt EVERYTHING.) But my nurse reassured me that this time would be better, I was already halfway there, and they were always ready to do an emergency c-section. I felt good about trying for a vbac. I got my epidural pretty soon after and was able to get a little more sleep. At about 7:00 I was dilated to a 10 and they got me ready to push. I pushed for 4 contractions, maybe 15 minutes at the most, and out she came! It was SO much easier this time around. I was totally surprised when they plopped this messy little human baby on my stomach. It's so amazing that she grew inside me and came out so perfect. One of the biggest benefits of doing to vbac was that I got to hold her right after. The c-section delivery with the twins was nice too, but I did miss getting to hold my babies. It took us a day or so, but we finally settled on the name Camryn Elena Moore. She was born on May 11th at 7:36 am. She weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was 22 inches long. Here are some more pictures.
The girls are very excited to have another sister. Tanner will occasionally pay some attention to her. He does a good job informing us that "baby's sad" whenever she cries.
Sydney loves to read to Camryn. This is a win, win, win situation. Sydney gets her reading practice, Camryn gets read to, and I get a shower.
These next pictures are from the hospital photographer. Gone are the days of those blotchy, unprofessional photos they used to take in hospitals! They do much more awesome ones now and it's fun to get a beautiful picture of your baby when they're just one day old.

We are all thrilled to have Camryn in our family now. Ever since the twins were born I've always felt like someone was missing. She's been such a joy and I am so grateful to be a mother to four beautiful children now.

8 comments:

Amber said...

Congrats guys! She is beautiful and definitely takes after your other kiddos. I think she has a lot of Sydney's features...but also Tanner and Natalie too. Anyway. I'm so glad it all went well and that you have a happy, healthy baby. Enjoy your first few days as a family of 6!

Okie said...

That's awesome. Congratulations to you and your awesome fam. :)

Andrea said...

What a lovely little girl! Again, so impressed with your vbac. I bet the recovery has been easier than a c-section. What a cute family!

The Rubens said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, I am glad everything went so smoothly with the delivery! I love the pictures.

wende said...

i can't wait to meet her today! :)
she is lovely.

Kate said...

Congrats! She is beautiful, and it looks like all her siblings love her! I'm so glad everything worked out well with your delivery, what a blessing!

Roseann said...

She is beautiful! Count yourself sooo lucky with those hospital pictures. Only one of my 4 has even gotten them, and it wasn't that great of one. ***sigh*** Oh, well. I'm glad you have some fun ones.

Debra said...

So cute! Love the name Elena. That is on my on my name list, too.