Thursday, September 9, 2010

First day of school! First day of school!

Well as much as I didn't want summer to end, I have also been looking forward to this day. Twice a week for 2 hours and 15 minutes I have 3 kids in school. The quietness is blissful... Okay I really do love my children. But it is a nice little break. Camryn is sometimes even sleeping.
Sydney has been so excited for 1st grade because she gets to eat lunch at school. I've packed her a lunch a couple times, but she prefers school lunch and that's easier for me anyways. If Tanner and Natalie see me making a sandwich in the morning they get all confused and decide they want sandwiches for breakfast instead of cereal.

Here is our cute little 1st grader. She is a vision in pink. She loves her teacher and loves having TWO recesses.
Tanner and Natalie started preschool last week. I can't believe they are getting so big. I hope their teacher understands them when they talk. Sometimes I can't even understand them. They loved their first day. They learned about the letter A, the number 1, and the color red. While they were eating lunch later, Tanner was studying his Capri Sun really hard and pointed to it and said "A." He already knew that letter before preschool but it was cute to see that he was excited about what they'd talked about that day!

I always tell them to hold hands when they're walking somewhere. It's just too adorable. And I might as well take advantage of that while they are at the age that they will actually do what I say.

2 comments:

Michelle and Tony said...

They are too cute, I can't believe how big they are! We are all getting way too old!

Okie said...

So cute....I just realized I failed to put up a 'back to school' post about my kids.

Julia was also very excited to be a first grader and she's having tons of fun. I'm sure Sydney's doing great. :)

Tanner and Natalie are super cute together. I can't believe they're in preschool already.

Way fun!