Thursday, September 9, 2010

Petting zoo

All summer I've been meaning to take meaning to take the kids to the petting zoo at Gardner Village. We used to take Sydney when she was little and she loved it. I called my mom and my sister Rachel to see if they wanted to come. Rachel had to work but my mom came and brought Noah along. None of the other kids enjoyed it quite like Sydney. Tanner and Natalie seemed to think I was a little crazy for wanting them to pet the animals. Especially the ones that were bigger than them. The little goats were also having kind of any off day and kept head butting each other.

Here are Natalie, Noah, and Tanner up on "high ground." They are trying to find a safe place away from all the animals.
If we do this again I will be letting them go on the pony ride FIRST. The whole time we were in the petting zoo all I heard was "can we ride the ponies?", "when do we get to ride the ponies?", "can we leave now and go ride the ponies?" Pony rides are one thing I don't like spending my money on. $9 for 2 minutes of entertainment. Oh well, they love it and we don't do it very often.

After our visit to the animals we went to Pine Needles quilt shop just to be a little crazy. It was a short visit with 5 little kids. And then we headed to Sweet Aftons candy shop. I let the kids pick out a bunch of saltwater taffy and my mom let the kids each choose one candy for themselves.

Is it just me or did this summer go super fast? It seems like it just started and now it's over. It's probably because I had a baby at the beginning of summer and so we didn't get out as much as usual. I love fall, but I'm really not ready for cold weather. Hopefully it will just be a long and mild fall and winter will go as fast as summer did.

No comments: