Thursday, March 24, 2011

Guess she was ready for a nap...

Camryn has been such an easy going baby. With Sydney I had a nice consistent nap schedule that I could easily work around. She was my only baby and nearly my entire day revolved around her. With the twins I sort of had to get them on a schedule to avoid going crazy. They shared a room so it was always a mistake if I let one fall asleep for their nap without putting the other one down. Then I'd either have to put one down while the other was still napping (and the awake one would usually wake up the napping one at that point) or I'd have to wait until the napping one woke up and they would have an alternating schedule and I would be stuck at home all day. Being my fourth child, I really don't have the option of putting Camryn on a nap schedule. We can't work around her, she has to work around the rest of us. And she's handled it like a little angel! If she's tired she just falls asleep. She takes a nap at the gym almost every time I take her. She fell asleep in her booster chair today while I was writing my grocery list. And later when I actually went grocery shopping she fell asleep there too. It's awesome. None of my other kids did that so well (due to their being used to a schedule and their beds.) I suppose this could be a problem later on in life though. Now that I look at this picture it looks kinda like a teenager falling asleep on their desk at school. Hhhhmmm...

3 comments:

Erin said...

the hardest thing for me with Brinley was feeling badly that I couldn't stick to a schedule but she seems to be happy in spite of all the times she had to nap on the go.

Sare said...

So cute. She'll love that shot in her wedding video 20 years from now...

Roseann said...

Its funny how that happens as you get more kids, your expectations change. I think its funny to look back and see how insistant I was on some things with Dylan. Of course, some of the things I insisted on doing were partly due to his personality and helped our days to go a lot smoother.