Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My baby is one!

Well I guess it had to happen. I still call her my baby and will probably call her a baby for way longer than I should. I'm trying to squeeze in some of those things I always thought would be fun to do with one of my kids, like cake smash pictures. I wanted to use these pictures for her party invitations. So I made the cake and then Camryn went and got a cold and an ear infection and was pretty unpleasant for a couple days. The cake wasn't gonna last forever in the fridge and I only get good lighting in my kitchen for a few hours a day so we were limited on when to do this photo shoot. She was pretty somber and not as excited about the idea of having an entire cake all to herself as I thought she would be. My kids just don't always catch my vision. But we did get some cute shots.
So that was the fake cake. Another thing I've wanted to do is learn how to make cool looking cakes. I always buy cakes at Sam's Club for our birthday parties. But many episodes of Cake Boss have motivated me to learn some cake decorating skills. My friend Kristin kindly offered to teach me. I'm thinking maybe this is not a good hobby for me. The cake turned out super cute but in the process I probably ate an entire week's worth of calories in cake batter and frosting.
Camryn definitely enjoyed eating it...
We had as much of our family over as could make it for some cake and ice cream the Saturday after her birthday. It was fun to have everyone over since we are not typically the party hosts. Camryn loved being the center of attention and opening her presents.
She's growing up so fast. She's even starting walking! My earliest walker by far. She just wants so much to be like her older siblings. She's only 17 lbs. though so she's trying really hard to stay small for me forever. I don't think it's going to work though. She's going to grow up anyways. We're sure happy this little stinker came into our family!

No comments: