Friday, February 15, 2008

Getting Out

Last week we were able to get out quite a bit more than usual. The weather got a little warmer there for a bit which was so nice. I like our house very much but the kids and I are all getting a little stir crazy what with this incredibly snowy winter this year. On Monday, my mom helped me take them to the Discovery children's museum at the gateway mall. Tanner and Natalie are free for 3 more months until they turn one so I thought we should take advantage of that. It's a little pricey to get in but Sydney had a ton of fun. Her very favorite thing is the helicopter. We found a little station where you can talk into a microphone and pretend to be a DJ on the radio with background music and stuff. I told Sydney to sing into it and in her loudest singing voice she starts, "Listen to the still small voice! Listen, listen! When you have to make a choice he will guide you! Always!" It's her favorite primary song.


On Tuesday, we had unusually nice weather and the snow was almost all melted. (Just in time for another nice big snow storm on Wednesday.) So I bundled up the twins pretty good and took the kids to "Ducky Park." We named this park ourselves. We had the playground all to ourselves the whole time we were there. Tanner was just so excited to sit there in his stroller and watch Sydney play. He kept squealing. I got some cute pictures of Sydney and was having too much fun with my camera. It takes such great outdoor pictures and it's been so cold I haven't had a chance to use it outside too much. Sydney refused to even look at me after a few shots. After a hundred or so she was telling me to stop taking her picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture of Sidney by the lake is awesome Lisa! I just wish I could take good pictures like that.

Anonymous said...

so cute! i love the pic of sydney on the rock, is she yelling or singing or something? next year, the twins will want to do more than sit in the stroller! :)