Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Little chef


This is yet another way that comcast on demand tv has changed our lives. Sydney knows kid shows are available to watch all day long so I decided to branch out a little bit one day. She was negotiating how long she could watch tv and said she just wanted to watch a "really short one." So I found an 8 minute kids cooking show on activity tv where she learned how to to make these adorable little brownie cups. Well she totally loved it and she's always enjoyed helping me in the kitchen anyways. So activity tv is a new favorite around our house now.


I love the fact that she wants to be just like me. She was trying to exercise with me the other day but my lightest free weights are 5 lbs which were to heavy and frustrating her to tears. So I got her a set of 2 lb weights along with a new pink gardening tool since. She loves helping me in the garden too. She will entertain herself with the potato bugs and worms for hours. I feel kind of sorry for those poor potato bugs who get picked up and then moved to another location in the yard. But she loves them and talks to them and gives them names so it's really cute. I want her to stay this age forever but she says she wants to get big and I suppose she'll win that one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if she grows up to be just like you then you can consider motherhood a job well done. too cute.

Anonymous said...

Tim is the opposite...he loves daddy and wants him only when he's around. I'll do when he's at work but the moment he gets home it's daddy this and daddy that. Plus, daddy gets to be the nice one in most cases where I am the one to enforce things and I'm the mean mommy!