Monday, January 5, 2009

50 books for 2009

So among all my other resolutions for 2009 I have decided to strive for reading 50 books this year. After reading our friend, Okie's blog I have been inspired. I thought I read a lot of books and now realize I don't. I went back and listed all the books I read in 2008. Here's my list:
1. The Goose Girl
2. Enna Burning
3. River Secrets
4. Book of a Thousand Days
5. Austenland
6. Princess Academy (yeah I kinda fell in love with Shannon Hale books)
7. Confessions of a Shopaholic
8. Shopaholic takes Manhattan
9. Shopaholic ties the Knot
10. Can you keep a Secret?
11. The Truth about Six-pack Abs
12. The Host
13. Breaking Dawn
14. For One More Day
15. The Secret Life of Bees
16. Rapunzel's Revenge
Now my mom recently de-junked her house and gave us all our old books. So I have plenty of old high school novels I plan to revisit. If anyone would like to offer me suggestions of books to read or let me borrow :) I will happily take you up on it!

12 comments:

Okie said...

Very nice. I hope to get on the Shannon Hale bus this year. We've got the books kicking around and Lynette's read them. I might also work my way through the other Stephanie Meyer books to see if I can understand the craze. ;)

How was Rapunzel's Revenge? It looked like fun but I haven't more than glanced at it yet.

wende said...

i've read a ton of these books! shannon hale is so great. but, i would say cross the host off your list - painfully dull and also, it's better if you just never finish the twilight series because the end is SO bad! instead, read "the book thief" - fantastic.
happy reading!

Okie said...

Agreed...Book Thief was a great read.

Jones Family said...

Lisa- some of my favorites are the Jan Karon "Mitford" series. The first book is "At Home In Mitford". I really loved them! I also LOVE Shannon Hale! I love reading your blog and seeing what is going on with our long lost friends! :)

Lisa Moore said...

Oooh thanks for the suggestions. Rapunzel's Revenge was good I thought. I had no idea it was going to be a comic book when I bought it but I still enjoyed the story. I've kinda got a thing for fairy tales. I read it to Sydney as her bedtime story for a few nights and she liked it a lot too.

Josh Moore said...

I think you should add two elements to the blog: one showing what you've read so far in 09, and what books you're looking to read. That way we can be kept up to date, and people suggestions can go on your 'to read' list.

Okie said...

I like that idea...I'll let you figure it out and implement it on your blog and then I'll steal, er borrow, the code and put it on mine. ;)

Roseann said...

I was on a Shannon Hale kick this last year too, and a Stephenie Meyers. One fun series is the Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld. Devon and I just started a new series. I can't remember the series name or the author (I'd have to get up to find it, and I'm to lazy), but the first book is called Lightening Thief. If you find it and it involves greek mythology, that's the right series.

Roseann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roseann said...

I totally mispelled that. Lightning Thief.

Mike and Shayla said...

Ooh, I might have to copy your resolution!
If you like quick but compelling juvenile fiction, I would recommend the Shadow Children series. The first is called Among the Hidden. Michelle R. chose it for book club and I just kept on reading the series until I finished. BTW, why do we never see you at book club?

Debra said...

Paul Reiser's "Couplehood". it's funny. Also Ray Romano's "Everything and a Kite". I have them both if you want to borrow.

I read about one book per year on average, so you are way ahead of me.