Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another Sydney moment

So I ended up sick in bed most of today. I felt pretty crappy this morning, but still made it to church since we are substituting in a primary class. I hope hope hope I did not give this to any of the kids there. I got much more sick this afternoon and spent the rest of the day laying in bed. Sydney provided me some great entertainment though. Here are a few things she said today that made me laugh.

Sydney (while leafing through my scriptures and pretending to read): And Jesus says to be nice.... And now I will turn the time over to you. (Handing me back my scriptures.)

Sydney: My tummy is hurting and I think I will throw up. (Nobody can be sick without her pretending to be sick too.) My tummy wants to throw up and then it just goes "no, no stop doing it!" and the little fellers inside just go grumble, grumble, grumble.

Sydney: Mommy, I think I want your bathroom and you can have my bathroom. We can switch! (Sounding as if she has just made the best suggestion ever.)
Me: But your bathroom is closer to your room.
Sydney: We will just push your bed over and move my bed right here next to it. (Starts trying to push the bed out of the way.)

3 comments:

Debra said...

lol...that's hillarious. i miss the days that they said those cute little things...especially love the scripture comment.

Kalley said...

I love how you remember to write down the funny things that Syndey said. I always forget to do it and then I forget about them completely. I think I'm going to try harder to remember things that that.

Stacy Holmes said...

Where does she hear..turning the time over..I guess we say it all the time in primary and we don't even know it! Funny the Mormonspeak we have and don't realize it! I try not to say..every fiber of my being because it sounds so weird and non Mormons don't get it..but I guess I do say turning the time over.. Sydney is so dang cute!