Sunday, April 5, 2009

Flowers and bows

I'm gearing up for Easter. I'm not sure if my kids know the Easter bunny is even coming. We try to focus more on Christ rather than the commercial whatever. They will get Easter goodies, but it's just an added bonus. My favorite part is getting their cute little Easter outfits which I will be sure to take pictures of later. We've got a bit of an orange theme going this year. I didn't look very hard, but I wasn't able to find orange hair bows. However, I've always thought I could make them for cheaper anyways. It was quite a fun project over the weekend! My kitchen has been a mess but oh well. I ran into my neighbor, Wendy, while shopping for silk flowers and invited her over to make them on Friday afternoon. We've been watching and listening to general conference all weekend so it gave me mindless something to do if I got a bit sleepy. Sydney really enjoyed making different color combinations. She loves doing crafts with me. The hardest part for me is refraining from telling her when things don't match or trying to make her conform to my style.

She was not in the mood to smile at the camera today.

These are a few of the end products. Some of them went missing already. Hence the reason I'm making my own bows from now on. We are always losing them.

4 comments:

Debra said...

Those are so cute!!!

I saw you at Walmart Saturday...you were in one checkout line and I was in another about 6 rows away. By the time I got done you were already gone :(

Andrea said...

Very cute. I've been meaning to do the same thing, but just haven't made it out to the craft store. It's been a long time since I attempted actual bows. The flowers are so cute though...maybe I'll just try those. They turned out great. I'm excited to see your orange themed Easter get-ups.

The Rubens said...

Lisa those turned out way cute!

Debra said...

re: your message about Fablehaven. I just finished the first book--it is addicting. LOVED it. My kids tell me the others are even better. I never finish books cuz I always get busy...but this one I read 350 pages in less than two weeks. It made me put my housework aside :)
I bet Syd would love it if you read it to her...it is pretty easy reading.