Monday, March 30, 2009

Girly space

Last month I decided to do a project I have always wanted to try. Beadboard. I just love the charm it adds to a room. You can't really see it in this picture but it turned out really cute and wasn't too tricky to do once I got it figured out. My mom and Rachel helped me with the kids and painting. Thanks so much guys! I decided to revamp Sydney's whole room because my dear sister Kim and brother-in-law Nick gave us a bunk bed that they had been storing from a model home he'd sold. This bunk bed was blue which did not go with the previous color scheme one bit. I had planned to repaint soon when I did the beadboard anyways, and needed another bedspread for Natalie as well. I'm kind of one of those people that can't be totally happy until everything matches. So I was thrilled to find this bedding on Walmart.com that was well within my budget! Yay! And it looked very similar to the Pottery Barn bedding I had been considering splurging on. I'm SO glad I went with the cheap Walmart bedding instead since Natalie colored all over one of them with black dry-erase marker just a few days after we got them. I think I may have had a heart attack if it had been Pottery Barn. Anyways, the whole project turned out quite cute I think. Her room was okay before, but now its much more girly and fun and it full of bright colors I may never have had the guts to use if it hadn't been for the blue bunk bed. I hope to tackle Tanner's room sometime this year after the yard gets a little attention.

Before


After

As well as a new room Sydney also got a new roomate, Natalie. She's so excited about sharing a room. I may have to remind her in later years how much she wanted to share a room. Tanner wasn't quite so happy about being in his room all alone at first. It's been a few days and he seems fine with it now though. We can tell Natalie is also feeling pretty grown-up with this big step. This morning she was so pleased that she could wake up, walk into our room and squawk "MAMA! MAMA!" We now have our own little rooster.

6 comments:

wende said...

CUTE! you did a great job. i can't paint anything, but bead board? you'll have to give me some tips!

and i guess now, i REALLY need to move ethan to a bed! :)

Jones Family said...

Nice job Lisa! The room turned out SOOO cute!

Roseann said...

You did awesome! I still need to finish fixing up Ethan's room. It probably won't happen until nearer to when the next baby will be born, and then of course, watch, it will be a girl. And then I'll need to repaint. You've given me some motivation to try and get it done before then.

Anonymous said...

Back to designer kids bunk bed ; I love to highlight these few designs that I saw, just look at spacify’s kids collection.

Andrea said...

It turned out so cute. How fun! We love girls around here.

Debra said...

Your house always looked so cute. Someday when I have money (and your babies are bigger so that you have time) I should have you come and help me do something with my house. I have NO talent in that arena.