Tuesday, March 24, 2009

St. George

Last week we went down to St. George to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday. I forgot my camera at the party but it was a lot of fun. It occurred to me right when we all yelled "SURPRISE!" that maybe an 80-year-old should not be surprised quite so much. But thankfully he's healthy as a horse and it was a great time!
This is Jeremy and Sharla's super adorable guest house they let us stay at. I felt like I was living in a Pottery Barn catalog. It was so cute and in such a fun location!
We thought it would be fun to go hiking at Zions on Saturday, but settled for just playing on the red rocks in St. George. That way the kids could climb around instead of sitting in a backpack. They had a great time and got real good and dirty.


It's hard to get a picture of Tanner from the front sometimes, because he always running away to the next thing.

He did sit still occasionally though, so I got one!

Sydney is a pretty good climber even in her flip-flops!

The kids found this cozy little hole in the rock that was perfect to sit in.
Daddy is giving his kids a valuable lesson in sand. As you can see they are all finding it pretty interesting.

Natalie got in trouble for throwing sand at her siblings and had to find a new "sandbox" for herself. She also found this tasty rock.

1 comment:

Weavers said...

Cute pictures. I wanted to see some of Natalie and her battle wounds...or did you not really want that documented? J/K!!! :)