Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fun weekend

We've had a lot of fun lately starting with the end-ish part of the week, last Thursday. My mom, Rachel, Andrea, and I decided to hang out for the afternoon. Andrea was down from Logan playing with us while Eric went off to Arizona for an interview. I was so happy to see her but extra, extra happy to meet my new niece, Maci Jane. Isn't that the cutest name? She is such a beauty too! And she has a great sense of style in clothing and accessories. We're so happy she's here and healthy after a very scary delivery process.

So Thursday we decided to use our creative genes and do a little craft that my mom came up with. We made some name blocks for our kids. My craft seemed to take forever since I had to do a total of 19 blocks. Rachel helped me with the embellishments since I never really know what to do there.

They turned out pretty darn cute though I think. Sydney's and Natalie's are pretty bright and almost hippy looking but they look great in their bright colorful room.



Friday night my mom and I headed to the Spring Home and Garden Festival. This is one of my favorite things to do every year. It's a little dangerous though because it tends to plant ideas in my head of future projects for my house. This year I have become inspired to try square foot gardening. I'll let you know how that turns out. I'm pretty excited about it!
Saturday we went to our friends' the Carrolls birthday party for their son Jace. It was at Flips Gymnastics so it was super fun for our kids.

Sydney is a master at the bar. I have a feeling that might become her specialty.

Natalie is holding up the line at the beam.

Tanner spent most of his time on this ramp. He would do a somersault on it over and over.

Sunday we visited our old ward for a farewell and it was so fun to see some of our friends. In real life. Not just on their blogs or on facebook. Later that day we went to my parents for dinner because all my siblings (except Nate on his mission) were there which does not happen very often anymore and will soon happen even less often when some of them move out of state. Boo.

So here are all 5 Ruben grandkids. Aren't they a happy bunch? Well Sydney is anyways. The others didn't know what to think of the 20 adults that were behind the camera trying to get them all to smile. At least no one is crying!

7 comments:

Jones Family said...

Sounds like a busy weekend-ish! The blocks are so cute- you've now given me an idea for Lyvia's room. And by the way, I'm a HUGE square-foot gardener...it's the best!

Kate said...

The blocks look way cute! It was fun seeing you on Sunday and it'll be good to see you again this weekend.

Lindsey said...

What a busy weekend! Your blocks are cute, and is that your house? So open and airy...I love that.
All those blond babies...so cute.

Lisa Moore said...

Oh I wish it were my house! But no, it's my parents house. It is very open and great for parties!

Debra said...

it was great to see you albeit momentarily on Sunday! wish we'd had more time to talk...i'm in nursery so i don't get to talk much anymore :( oh well. we have fun in there. i love your blocks. i wish I had smaller kids...i would have you help me make some!!!

Dionne said...

Hooray! I am happy you are in on the swapping fun!

You are right, Maci Jane is an ADORABLE name! And what a bunch of cute kids!

Sarah said...

What cute kids! Looks like you and I have been paired in the Spring trade! My email is sarah.arkanoff@yahoo.com. Shoot me a note so we can exchange addresses. Can't wait to hear from you!

Sarah