Thursday, September 17, 2009

Alaska

Over a month ago all the boys of my extended family from the Muir side went to Alaska for a guys retreat. I obviously was not on this trip but Josh isn't getting around to blogging about it so I'm going to post some of their cool pictures. I wish I had a good group picture of all the boys. There were quite a lot of them but they all split up a lot so there is no shot of the big group. Thanks Jer for funding this trip! Josh had a blast!

Here is some of my family getting ready to board one of Jeremy's planes. Pretty awesome way to travel! Apparently Josh even got to sit in the cockpit for part of the flight.


Here is Nick, Eric, and Josh ready to a little fly fishing.


It's a keeper! Well actually, no. All they did was catch and release in the river. Poor fishies. They were saving their keepers for the deep sea fishing day.



If you look closely in this picture you can see how this river is filled with fish. The guys said they could walk out in the river and be kicking them out of the way.



Here are the real keepers! They didn't catch as much as they were hoping out in the deep sea but it was still a good haul. We have quite a bit of halibut and it turns out I really like halibut!

Isn't this picture awesome? They nicknamed this old house "the shrieking shack." On top of it are two bald eagles just hanging out.


Ketchikan, Alaska looks so beautiful! Even though we usually opt for sunny beaches on our vacations, I would love to go visit there myself someday.

3 comments:

Roseann said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Devon has always wanted to do some deep sea fishing. Its one of those "should-have-done-while-in-NY" things. Oh, well. Some day he will do it.

Stacy Holmes said...

Ketchikan is beautiful..and VERY rainy. I heard they get 64 inches of rain a year. The best way to visit is via cruise ship..that way when you get really soaked..you can climb aboard the ship, get dry, pig out and spoil yourself...just some unsolicited advice from someone who did just that! It is an amazing place that Josh has to take you to..maybe in 5 years or so (when the kiddos can be in the Kids club)

linda said...

Thanks for posting Josh's photos, Lisa!! There's a photo of the whole group on our blog. I have a few-I'll e-mail them to you. I told Dale he couldn't come home unless he took a group photo-I'm surprised he made it happen!