Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter


Happy Easter! We had fun doing all the traditional Easter things. I let the kids dye eggs this year. We skipped that last year for some reason. The kids did well with only minor spills and just one egg casualty (which was actually dropped by me).
Easter fell on conference weekend this year which was nice since we didn't have to rush and get ready for church and I also love conference weekend. But on the other hand I like going to church on Easter so I can show off my kids cute matching outfits. Yes, I am that vain. Getting their Easter clothes is one of my favorite things. So, I dressed them up to go out to my parents' house that evening.
One of these years I am going to get myself a new dress too. The girls love getting their new dresses, but Tanner gets every bit as excited about his new digs. He loves when I get him dressed up nice on Sundays and tell him how handsome he looks. I hope he doesn't outgrow that.

Due to the coldness outside we had an indoor Easter egg hunt. This was the kids 3rd egg hunt this week so they knew the drill. Usually I follow the twins around encouraging them to pick up more eggs. But, they'd already had so much candy that day that the less eggs they found the better.

3 comments:

The Rubens said...

Those outfits are so cute. That's so sweet that Tanner gets so excited to dress up. He looks so happy in the picture with his huge smile. Where is all that snow coming from? It is 80 degrees down here! Hope all is going well. Talk to you soon.

linda said...

Looks like a fun Easter! Your kids outfits are adorable.

Amber said...

Your kids are beautiful! And looking so grown up. I love your girls' dresses--did you make them?
I like the Easter outfit show-off too--so my kids wore theirs the week before :) (you're not the only vain one)
I hope the pregnancy is going well also!
I hope spring comes back to stay soon for you.