Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We are ready


Baby #4 is going to be making an appearance any time now! She still has no name but she has a cute room to come home to. I discussed my little dillema a while ago on how to decorate a room for a 3-year-old boy and a new baby girl. I found you can actually make blue and green pretty girly. I'm a little tired of pink anyways since this is our third girl.

This quilt was one of the projects I got down at our St. George Girl's Weekend. All our kids now have their own minkee quilts, but I think this one might be my favorite. I hope the new baby doesn't mind sharing with her mommy!
I never really know what to put above a crib. I worry about putting anything heavy above sleeping areas. I made this litte craft by taking 1" foam core, cutting it into 10" squares and stapling batting and fabric around them. Easy peasy. They are stuck to the wall with velcro and if they fall off they will not hurt the baby because they hardly weigh anything.

I had the same issue above Tanner's bed since I don't want anything heavy falling on him while he sleeps either. I was so excited to find this tree wall sticker that matched his bedding perfectly. I do most of my shopping online, but occasionally I go into a real store. I found it at Babies R Us.
I've really enjoyed NOT moving during this pregnancy. It's given me more time to do some of the fun things to get ready for this baby. It's been fun to do some little sewing crafts while I don't have the energy to do much else.


It seems like every time I have a baby some new baby care invention has been created. Like these car seat cover blanket things! I can't believe how much people pay for these and they're so easy to make.

And my last little creation is this new "diaper" bag. It's not technically a diaper bag but it has pockets that fit a baby bottle or sippy perfectly and a large pocket inside to fit diapers and wipes.
Okay so there are a few more little things to take care of before the big day, which is scheduled to be May 13th. But for the most part the nest is ready!

8 comments:

Mike and Shayla said...

I love all of these! You have great taste in colors and fabrics, and making things work beautifully together. My favorite is that blanket. When I saw it in your living room I wanted to copy it!

Okie said...

Wow...that room is super cute. I can't believe it's that close already. That means we're not getting together often enough. :)

Super congratulations. The new baby's going to love her room...and her family. :)

Roseann said...

It looks so good. I still haven't finished decorating the "nursery" that I began on over a year ago. Some day...

Weavers said...

All your decorations and crafts are SO cute. Obviously I love them since I try to steal your ideas :) I only wish I could make them turn out half as nice. You've really got some serious skills! Good luck with the baby coming!! That's so exciting!

Janelle said...

Way cute room! I haven't ever really visited your blog but saw a link from the Keeler's and here I am :) Good luck with baby #4!!

Erin said...

You are so talented and creative. I am so impressed with all of the projects that you do. I would love to learn from you!

Jones Family said...

So cute!

Do you hire out? :)

wende said...

awesome! you have such great taste and talent...what a lucky baby! :)
can't wait to meet her.