Thursday, July 8, 2010

6!


To extend the fun of our weekend, Sydney had her birthday on Monday. We skipped friend parties this year and just did family stuff instead. I can't believe I have a 6-year-old already.
Sydney really gets into birthdays and tries to do whatever she can to make the birthday person feel special. On my last birthday she cut up a whole bunch of paper to make confetti and threw it at me. Then she cleaned it all up too since she knew I wouldn't want the mess. For her own birthday she worked hard on making this banner.

It says "Happy Birthday Sydney" and has a picture of her with a rainbow. I feel a little guilty that she felt she had to make her own banner but she's loves doing that sort of thing and I think she did feel special on her big day. We opened presents first thing in the morning.

I took a picture of the presents because I just love this wrapping paper. Grandma and Grandpa Ruben came and took Sydney to lunch before school and she got to take her class treats to school as well. Ring Pops! After school Sydney wanted to paint the piggy bank my mom gave her. Tanner and Natalie were feeling a bit neglected and were tired of being told they couldn't play with Sydney's stuff so I got them piggy banks too. My kids are fascinated with money lately. Tanner and Natalie don't have a clue what it's for but they love to play with it. Sydney will sometimes do extra jobs to earn some money and then the twins like to steal it. So hopefully this will help keep it all separated.

For dinner we went to Chuck E. Cheese's. Somehow I've made it this far in life without ever going there. The pizza was less than yummy but the kids had a blast and it was a really fun night. Somehow I forgot to take pictures though. Oh well!

2 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

Yay for the Moore's blog! I found the invite in my "junk" mail...just before I hit the "delete all" key! I can't believe you have a 6 year old either!!

Roseann said...

These kids grow up so fast! So, those pictures of Sydney at her dance concert look a lot like you. I can't wait to see some more pictures of Camryn. She is beautiful. We need to get all the girls together one of these days.