Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun weekend

Well I'm very behind on the blogging. I know if I don't keep up on this I'm going to be at a complete loss about what to write about for our Christmas letter at the end of the year. So here goes! We had a very fun weekend a few weekends back. Sydney had her first dance recital. She decided to take tap dance this last spring and it was very fun. I'm not sure if we'll go back to it in the fall though. She seems to want to try a different kind of dance. But the outfits were sure cute and it was fun to watch her perform in something. I think her favorite part about the recital was that she got to wear make up.



On Saturday, Josh's work sent us to see Toy Story 3.

For those of you who don't know Josh got a new job back in March and he now works for 1-800 Contacts. This means he no longer works from home which has been a bit of an adjustment for me but overall it's been a very good thing and he loves what he's doing now. It's been fun partaking in the perks of belonging to a company, such as company parties! We all loved the movie although I wish it hadn't been such a tear-jerker at the end. It was a little more intense than the previous two movies, but luckily none of my kids cried. Well Camryn might have a little bit, but she has other reasons.
Sunday was Father's Day. Hopefully it was a great day for Josh. Here he is with all his loot.

And lucky me, I got to speak in church that day! It's nice that I have a great dad and husband to give me some good material to work with. I enjoyed the day much more after church was over. I'm not such a big fan of public speaking. We went out to my parent's house for a barbecue that evening and I brought cupcakes to celebrate both Father's Day and Sydney's birthday which was the next day. She picked out raspberry trifle cupcakes from my cupcake book. They were delish! Definitely worth all the work and almost worth all the calories.

1 comment:

Weavers said...

Glad Josh is liking his new job! We LOVED Toy Story 3. The night we watched it Jackson kept asking me when he has to go to college and told me he will miss me too much when he has to go.
Sydney is so cute!! That's so cute she made her own banner.