Sunday, July 15, 2007

The big step


Well I am taking my big step into the world of the bloggers. I'm the world's worst journal writer and that's mostly because I don't like writing things out with a pen and paper. So I think typing in a blog will work out much better for me. I am about to celebrate surviving my first 2 months of being a mom of three. This is an extra big accomplishment since two of the three are newborn twins. As much as I was scared to death to have twins, I now can't imagine life without them. Things are pretty crazy around our house most of the time but I wouldn't trade it in for anything. Our 3-year-old daughter, Sydney, is the best thing that ever happened to us. She's such a good helper and always tries to make her parents happy. She has her occasional tantrum but she's dealt with a lot of changes in her life very smoothly. I'd love to think that her goodness is a result of our parenting because that would make it likely that our other children will turn out the same way. But, I think she's just a good-natured kid and we had very little to do with it. I have recently been reading a book called "It's Twins!" which has several articles from parents with their own stories and advice. The first sections was on newborns which was so sweet and talked a lot about breastfeeding and sleeping schedules. I felt so proud of myself for mastering breastfeeding two babies at once. The next section was on raising twin toddlers. Suddenly, this very sweet book turned into a very scary book. I'll try to stay optomistic that my twins will make it through those terrible twos without feeding off each other too much. In the meantime, I'll enjoy how sweet and cuddly they are now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids - I like your blog!

Anonymous said...

(and he's not bias or anything. *grin*)

Seriously though...cute pix. :)