Monday, August 27, 2007

Reinvested

"It's the funniest thing" must be the most common thing out of my mouth, followed by something new, which begs the question, is the funniest thing changing 10-12 times a day? :) Ok..so it's the funniest thing, I have been trying really hard to spend less time on myself and more time on Lisa. So Saturday I went to play ultimate frisbee while Lisa took care of the kids, then Rich came out that night to play games and hang out. Despite letting Lisa take an hour and a half nap, I think my 4 hours playing didn't make the grade.

I replaced the faucet/drain in the hall bathroom, helped with dishes, laundry (forgot to include Sydney's), etc., but minus the drain, Lisa does these weekly anyway, so why should I feel I'm making a difference? Because this past week, I've been trying much harder. We cut down a tree in the backyard, and spent time out there cleaning it up (well...as much as will fit in the garbage cans each week). Because this month, for the first time in three months, I will have done my home teaching to all four of our assigned families. Because, despite frequent failures, I'm remembering to put the dishes in the dishwasher, not on the counter/in the sink. I'm tired of getting down on myself for the small failures I've had and focus on my desires to do better and where they'll take me.

We had a lesson yesterday in elder's quorum where we discussed the sacrifice of Christ in our behalf. The lesson included a statement explaining how and why if Christ felt our lives were so important to spend his whole life sacrificing in our behalf, shouldn't we have greater self-esteem and confidence in his power? Should we not also sacrifice for our friends and neighbors as well?

Soap box? Where? Ok...just had a great week, and wanted to share.

No comments: