Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A little of this...a little of that


Cute smiles


My buddy



Not the best family picture, but hey...I doubt we'll get a nice one too often with these crazies.


The womenfolk (and yes. She's trying to eat a leaf.)


Lisa is over painting at her sister's house, so I had the kids tonight. We played pass and read books. No night would be a night with the kids without lots and lots of tickling. I think Tanner's third word was "tickle". But after the twins went to bed, and for a little bit with Sydney before she went off to bed, I watched Rudy on demand. It wouldn't be me if I didn't point out the language, but I've always liked this movie. There's nothing quite like a feel good movie that's cheesy without going over the top. It made me wonder about my dreams. Most have already come true, and if not for some really hard times, I wouldn't realize how great. All my dreams have to do with my family. The thing that really pumps me up is commentary from Sydney lately. On Monday night before Lisa got back from the American Idol concert, Sydney asked me "Daddy? What do you do if someone's not being nice to your friend?" I love how she wants my opinion and loves to tell me stories about baby dragon and girl baby dragon. I also love how she's concerned her friends and doing what's right. Last week, we were talking about her friends from preschool and primary, I asked her who her best friend was. She said me. It put a big smile on my face.

The twins have grown so quickly. Since they're not requiring as much attention lately and wanting to playing on their own (unless Nanny can see Lisa), it means more to me lately when they do want to play. Of course I need to learn to give them their space (I've unknowingly taught Sydney personal space is a myth...just ask Lisa), but Natalie is just a spitfire and Tanner is a snuggly bear. I'll have to record and blog asking Natalie if she likes tickles. She giggles to say 'yes'. She dances to Little Einstein. Her new thing to say is "Uhhhh...oh". Tanner has learned what things make me laugh (pretty much anything he does) and he does it over and over again so we can laugh together.

Teenage years can wait. Things just keep getting better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, Josh! I love your style . . . and your adorable kids!

Anonymous said...

great photos josh, it's hard to get bad photos with such cute kids though - they are cuties.

Anonymous said...

What a terrific family! How blessed those young 'uns are to have you for a daddy, and Lisa for a mommy. Cute post... see you at the lake!