Saturday, July 26, 2008

Where's my baby?

Sydney and I were hanging out today while Lisa and the twins were taking naps. She said "Daddy? I need some toys to play "My Baby" with. A few seconds must have passed while I searched my brain for what she was talking about. She put a stuffed cat and dog under her shirt, then pulled them out saying "My baby! My baby!". It clicked. Back when Lisa was pregnant with the twins, I'd hide Sydney's stuffed animals under my shirt and pretend to sleep. Then, *unsuspecting* Sydney would pull them out and say "My baby! My baby!" I'd run after her saying "Where's my baby!?!" It was such a fun time, as we'd play outside on the front lawn with a ball, and she'd grab it and run and I'd chase her down.

Later she took all the magnetic letters off the fridge, put them all in a line and would say "Dad? What does this spell?" Then we laugh at my inability to pronounce "zxymfrkqojtmdcalnw"

No comments: