Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Real Fun


Last Saturday I got to go to my first Real soccer game. Josh has gone to quite a few. His friend Nick gets tickets pretty often and invites him to go. This time he had four tickets so Nick and his wife Heidi invited both of us to come along. This was also a momentous occasion because its the first time we dared leave our kids for several hours with a non-family babysitter since the twins have been born. Fortunately, our 12-year-old babysitter did just great with the whole feeding and going to bed routines. This is very exciting for me because I wouldn't mind going on a dates more often with my hubby!
We had a really great time. Our friends introduced us to a little family owned chinese restaurant called the New Dragon which was quite yummy. We got to the game a few minutes late which was a shame because our team scored in the first 3 minutes. Anyways, the game was great and it turns out I am a lucky charm because they won! They've never won at any of the games Josh has gone to so Nick said he must be a curse. Hee hee. The players were really awesome. It always amazes me how they can head the ball without getting a concusion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice...I'm thinking we'll try to get to at least one REAL game this year. Last year we did Utah football and the kids had fun with it. We have some neighbors who are REAL fanatics and have a lot of fun at the games. Glad to hear you guys had fun.