Monday, July 28, 2008

Swimming and Hiking

We seem to be doing a lot of these two activities lately. This last week we went swimming up at Josh's parent's condo pool on Monday which Tanner and Sydney both loved and Natalie was scared out of her diaper. She did eventually get a little bit wet while she clung to me for dear life. I didn't get any pictures of this event though.
We went swimming on Friday with Dan and Andrea Graham at their neighborhood pool. We are gonna miss these guys! They're moving to Arizona this week. :( Natalie was much more brave this time around. She got pretty attached to Dan though and just snuggled up with him the whole time. It was very cute.

We finally got another hiking backpack for the babies on ebay and we took it out for a test run on the 24th of July. It seemed to appropriate to celebrate our Pioneer day by doing some hiking. We went up to Donut Falls, my old stomping ground from the days of my youth. I spent many a summer evening playing up there. I hadn't been there in years though since they closed for a while due to reckless people. It's such a pretty hike and easy enough for Sydney to do.

This picture was funny because Sydney kept picking these little purple flowers whenever she saw them. Then we rounded a corner and there were bushes covered with tons of little purple flowers. It stopped her in her tracks.

On Saturday we decided we needed a little more of that fresh mountain air. We went to Lake Blanch this time with no intention of actually finishing it. We did about 1/10 of it and turned around. It is a much steeper and longer hike and unlikely that Sydney would be okay with it. Plus it starting raining just before we got back to the car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear donut falls is open again. I tried to take Jared there a few years ago and I couldn't find it, then I found out it was closed. I'll have to try again, except I'll have to get a leash for Tanner. There's never knowing what he's gonna do!