Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The fair


Today Sydney, Tanner, Natalie, and I went to the state fair. We chose to go today because my youngest brother, Adam, was performing with his jazz band. They sounded fabulous and Natalie was really getting into it with all her little dance moves. She's a big fan of music. We met up with my mom and dad which was great because 3 adults with 3 kids makes a smooth outing.

Here's Adam. I guess he had better things to do with the rest of the afternoon than visit the sheep, pigs, goats, and cows with us. Aaww, you missed out Adam!

Tanner's favorite animal was, by far, the goats. And they loved him too. He would toddle up to their pens and they'd all stick their heads out and he'd just giggle. I assumed these animals were nice enough not to bite.


These two were butting heads. Hhhmmm...that reminds me of a couple of my kids. Maybe they're twins too. Well we do call Natalie "Nanny" most of the time, which is a goat term.

Speaking of which, here's the the little angel. She was so content to sit in the stroller for almost the whole time.

My dad was kind enough to push these two rugrats around the whole time.

At one point during the animal tour Sydney saw the pony ride. And we all got to hear the words "I want to ride a horse" about a hundred times while we finished looking at the animals. When she wants something she does not forget about it.
The day hit a highlight for Sydney when we met up with my friend Shayla and her kids. Sydney is friends with Elise as you can see.


I rode with them on the ferris wheel.
My new favorite part of the fair is the Little Hands farm where kids do farm jobs and at the end they earn a farm "dollar" with which they can purchase a snack at the market. One of the best parts is it's free. Woohoo!

Tanner looked so adorable in his little farm apron I was tempted to smuggle it home.

Sydney is picking apples in the orchard.

Natalie is supposed to be planting a seed but her apple is too interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great photos lisa! how fun to have your brother performing at the fair!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I found your link to your blog when you added me on Facebook. Very cute blog. Mine is in need of some layout updating, but that is Jeremy's arena, not mine. We need to get together sometime...I'm sure I'll see you at church.