Saturday, September 27, 2008

Twin Lakes

The Twin Lakes hike was really pretty. It's definitely fall and the leaves are starting to change color. The clouds were out for the first hour and half, after which the sun came out and said "check out these colors!".


Lisa really has an eye for a great picture.

Sydney's just plain cute. The way she talks, walks, etc.

And I thought Silver Lake was pretty walking around. The view from above gives better perspective. Of course, Tanner was sleeping about this point. Another picture comes later with the sun out.

Twin Lakes was pretty cool, but definitely had been partially drained. You can see the sun starting to come out.

It was so warm before the sun hid in the clouds that I left my sweatshirt in the car. This is Lisa's kindness letting Darth Sydney wear hers.

Nanny's eyes just make you stop whatever you're doing. Sadly, her spitfire attitude and hilarious nature means you need to be on the guard. Here? Just sweetness.
Tanner has a history of not eating his lunch when we go hiking. He takes his share, stacks the crackers, walks around with crackers, then rubs them around in the dirt.

Another view of Darth Sydney. No red paint on the face.

Tanner had eaten all his mini M&Ms, so Sydney shared a few. After three or four, the hands went on the hips and no more M&Ms were allotted.

Isn't she the prettiest thing you've ever seen? Hey...stop checking out my wife!


This was funny. After I got her to stop for a picture, she said "take a picture with my eyes looking this way". She's got a mind for good pictures. Silly bug.

It was fun to hike down with the sun out of the clouds.

A nice couple asked if we wanted a family picture. I love these.

Personally I think my best picture yet. The lake is gorgeous, the bold evergreens contrast the yellows and light greens of the aspens.

I can't get over the beauty of Big Cottonwood Canyon. Sydney and I were hopping, skipping, and jumping on the way down the trail. It always makes Tanner and Natalie laugh.


Fall.

No comments: