Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Google Reader

For some reason, I feel I've already posted about this, as I love to tell everyone about this tool, as it saves so much time. Everyone checks several blogs, news sites, etc. as frequently as several times a day. Why check them if there is no new content? Or better yet, why not have a tool tell you when there's new content? For fear you think the tool is too hard to use, someone made a video trying to convince friends and family how easy it is to use, and how helpful it is. Since it's web-based, you can access it anywhere. Watch this movie, then thank me later. Once you're wise and knowledgable about Google Reader, add http://joshuatmoore.blogpost.com and http://backpackingutah.blogspot.com so as not to miss anymore enjoyment :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, I'm one of those who can't figure it out and I've been too lazy to watch the video. But I do have the blog list on my blog and I think it does the same thing. Also, I can see when the blogs I follow are updated. Is this very similar, or are there some other features on Reader that I'm not familiar with?

Anonymous said...

It's kind of the same thing. If your blog list has all the blogs you follow, it's probably good enough. The nice thing about reader is it tells you of all the blogs that you follow, how many are new, which ones they are, etc. The other fun thing is if you really like someone's blog entry, you can share it, so your friends can see what you like, etc. The video's short and really direct - I couldn't have done better myself.

Thanks for reading!