Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas was so fun this year. I was so excited for the kids to get their presents I hardly slept the night before. I really think I was only half asleep when I did sleep and I started worrying that we hadn't really told Sydney to come wake us up first when she got up. I hoped she would not go in the living room and just start opening things. It turned out she got up around 7:45-ish and climbed into bed with us. I asked her if Santa brought her anything. She sat up and said "Oh yeah!" She had forgotten it was Christmas day. I was also a little worried she wouldn't like her presents. The "surprise me" thing she told Santa at the mall turned out to cause me a little stress. Every few days she would have a new thing that she hoped Santa would surprise her with. Christmas Eve it was a remote control car which she was not getting. One day I told her maybe Santa would get her a teddy bear, or a book, or a scooter... She interupted me with "I hope he doesn't get me a scooter because I hurt my foot on Elise's scooter once." Well Santa did get her a scooter and luckily she loves it and no longer walks anywhere, but scoots. Tanner and Natalie didn't really get the Santa thing but they had fun with all their toys. We had a good family night lesson the Monday before Christmas to talk about being grateful in preparation for Christmas day. Sydney was pretty good about saying thank you for her gifts and even Natalie threw in a couple "dankoos". Here are a few pictures of our morning.

Santa always leaves candy canes hung on the tree.

Tanner is not at all interested in the cars and trucks Santa has displayed for him on his road matt. He is more concerned with this candy cane and trying to chew through the wrapper.

Sydney is showing me the cinderella pez dispenser from her stocking.

Pat Pat Rocket is the new favorite toy for all the kids. Natalie is in love with it and calls it "kocket."
The kids have really got it made. Since their ages are so close together they all enjoy all of the gifts. It doesn't really matter to them who was given what. With Sydney we have to remind her that not all of the toys belong to her, but they have all shared pretty well.

Here is Tanner sitting in Natalie's igloo tent.

Here is Natalie playing with Tanner's cars.

Sydney is scooting around the house.

We had egg nog with our breakfast. It was Tanner and Natalie's first taste of the stuff. They barely came up for air they loved it so much. Natalie probably had a bit too much because she threw up a little while later. Egg nog throw up smells awful by the way and is nearly impossible to get out of the carpet.

3 comments:

Debra said...

ewwww! what a way to top off your Christmas!

Stacy Holmes said...

Sounds like a fabulous Christmas morning..minus the eggnog thing. Enjoy the little ones!

Chelsea said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!