Friday, December 5, 2008

The joys of fall


As previously mentioned, I love fall. There's only one thing I don't love about it - the leaves. I probably wouldn't mind them so much if they came from our own trees, but we currently do not have any trees in our yard. I plan to plant some this spring because we could use a little shade and some more curb appeal. Last Saturday, Josh went out with the leaf blower and got rid of all the leaves in our yard. On Tuesday we got a whole lot of wind. I stood at the window and watched our whole yard fill up with leaves again completely helpless to do anything about it. I almost wanted to get the leaf blower out and start blowing back at the wind, defending my lawn. The leaves came in small armies, running down the street and resting on our grass. They almost appeared to be dancing as if they were excited to arrive at our house.

No comments: