Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The great debate

Not Oreo vs. Chips Ahoy, not water skiing vs. snow skiing, or even PC vs. MAC, the great debate today is Internet Explorer versus Firefox. I love having the consistency of Microsoft products, but after defending Internet Explorer for so long, this article has finished the debate for me. I've been using Firefox for about three years now. Despite having to use IE on occasion for products/tools that have issues with Firefox, I'm a convert.

Kevin Carter, this is not a place to tout Safari, but feel open to (cleanly / without expletives) bash Internet Explorer. For so long I thought the security holes were because so much of the market uses IE and hence hackers would inevitably get the most coverage working on IE, but this is just too far. Maybe Firefox and Safari are just untested comparatively.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

Instead of bashing IE or defending FF, I can't help but throw in my recent favorite, Google's new "Chrome." It's very lightweight and simple, yet is moving very fast in staking it's claim in the browser world. Watch out

Kevin said...

I love your 'prevent' defense in calling me out like that.
Yes, I do believe that IE is a weapon of the devil.
I stick with Safari on Mac simply because I am an aesthetically motivated person and Safari renders the most beautiful view of the web. Just look closely the next time you see an ad that shows something in a web browser, 9 times out of 10 they are using Safari. I do use IE6, IE7, FFPC, SafariMac and FFMac each everyday. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. I find however that Safari meets my needs most of the time. I like that there is more competition these days. That can only help to make all browser makers to try harder.

Sara said...

You are now respectfully and officially a geek. And maybe one day someone will translate exactly what you said assuming you can make a direct translation from geekanese to English :)

JUST KIDDING!! I think you're great and I'm glad you don't talk like that when we play games. Which BTW Jared is starting to get the shakes...he's in serous need of a game fix.

Nick Galieti said...

The PC vs. Mac debate isn't much of debate because I thought Mac was already considered far superior and has been for years.

Kevin has it right. Safari all the way!

And to add to Saraweaver81's comment. You are not just a geek. You are a power nerd, and you should be proud of that.