Monday, December 8, 2008

Life Beyond Self

It always seems at Mother's day, the mothers in my life (my Mom, Lisa) seem to notice a big change. Somehow breakfast is made, a foot massage is offered, among other seemed luxuries. Maybe it's just me, but in this time of giving, why don't we attempt to treat each other as they would expect on their special day? How does this apply to Christmas?

In a off way, what brought this up was watching No Reservations last night with Lisa. It was so sad how a child who's lost their mother missed so many things. I wondered how the kids would miss me, or just my corrections when they did something wrong. So today was day 1 of compensation. Not that I haven't corrected her when she pushed Natalie, but Sydney and I spent some quality time out in the snow. All the kids love playing a few special games we do, and I think it was a good day. I think Lisa's back to the top of the list, so I better get going.

P.S. If you see Sydney around, call her Fluffly Lopart. Tanner is Tiny No-Pants. Natalie is Nano.

1 comment:

wende said...

josh - the world would be a better place with more husbands like you! - ok, rich is great too, but lisa is one lucky girl! :)