Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Santa wait


So last night we decided to brave the mall and visit Santa. We originally planned to go to Jordan Landing, but thought it might be especially crowded since it would have been Santa's first day there, and there was all sorts of hullabaloo going on to celebrate his arrival. So we headed to South Town since we heard that Santa was pretty good. Santa was out to dinner when we arrived so we did the same at the food court. Then we got in line and the twins immediately got restless. So I made a few laps around the mall and came back to find that Sydney and Josh had moved a total of two feet. I took Tanner up to Bath & Body Works to check out their sales. He did everything possible to make holding him difficult and drooled all over me. I think he's getting a new tooth. The line must have started picking up a bit while we were gone because Josh and the girls had moved a good 10 feet when we got back. Overall, the wait was about 1 1/2 hours. I was pretty proud of us all for not having any serious meltdowns or orneriness through the whole excursion. Sydney doesn't have anything in particular she wants for Christmas, so she just told Santa, "Surprise me." Last year we went to Fashion Place where they gave us a pager like at a restaurant so we could shop while waiting to see Santa. When we were paged the wait was about 5-10 minutes. I think that's the way to go! Here are some pictures showing how much the kids liked their visit.

Sydney is thrilled. Natalie couldn't care less. Tanner is trying to crawl behind Santa.


Sydney is still thrilled. Natalie still doesn't care. Tanner is trying to run away.

7 comments:

Trixie said...

I love the"surprise me" bit. How cute. Way to brave the line!

Kalley said...

Yes, you are very brave. I haven't taken my boys yet because they are both intimidated by strangers so I didn't think standing in line would be worth. Kudos for stinking it out.

Debra said...

"Surprise me"...how cute. That is what Christmas should be...not the placing your order thing that it becomes when you have teenagers. I am telling you...you think toddlers are hard...you have noooooooooooo idea. I saw that the Santa at South Towne had a couch when I was there a couple of weeks ago and I wondered why they changed it from a chair to a couch...now I know...they need to fit all of the Moore children!!!

wende said...

maybe santa could just "surprise me" too! that is so funny! at least they're not all screaming! :)

Stacy Holmes said...

Sorry you didn't know Santa would be at the ward party! That is the only way to go. Maybe next year you can skip the whole mall scene!

Okie said...

Definitely a good lookin' Santa. It's always interesting to see how younguns will react to him. Long wait, but a good experience. I love Sydney's request...very cute.

Nick Galieti said...

Nice orange jacket by the way. I never see you wear that thing.