Wednesday, November 21, 2007

They're home!!!

After a long seventeen years (okay, a year and a half), my parents have arrived home safely from the Uganda Kampala Mission. Sydney has been so excited for their return, carrying their picture around the house with her. When my parents left, Sydney was in an extremely shy stage, so they weren't expecting Sydney to run up and give them big hugs. We had a fun night catching up with my family, and are excited to spend Thanksgiving with them. It was so hard to leave their home last night, despite it being an hour past the kids bedtime, but after my parents 8 hour flight from Kampala to Entebbe, then yesterday's flight from Entebbe to Salt Lake City (via Chicago), I can't believe they were still awake.

What a blessing to have them home safe. Hopefully they'll have a few days to adjust before we overwhelm them with stuff to do together.

No comments: