Thursday, October 18, 2007

Changes, changes, changes

There were several great things that happened in the past little while that I thought of during hero week, but was spending my 'blogging time' on hero week. Anyway, here are a few highlights:

Twins sleeping through the night. I'm not sure when this changed - I'm still waiting for brain cells to return, but it seems like it's been two weeks. It's so great to put them to bed at 8:30/9 and get up around 6:30/7.

More work hours, no sleeping in. It's been a big change not to sleep from when the twins were getting up (6:30/7), to about 8:30, and then working later. Now, I'm starting work between 6:30 and 7, and being finished around 3. What about the extra time, you ask? Some days it's overtime, some days it watching the kids while Lisa goes to the gym, scrapbooking class, store, etc. The only issue was last night I was so exhausted I went to bed before two of the three kids :) It's the first time that's happened in quite some time. The next item might also explain why I'm up late and need to go to bed earlier on occasion, although the weather's been quite bad for viewing lately.

My new telescope. About two weeks ago, I bought a new Orion XT10 Intelliscope with the object locater. It's so sweet! Sydney, whenever she comes downstairs to tell me about dinner, etc. says "that a HUUUUUGE telescope, daddy!" It's such a sweet scope. The finder scope is more powerful than the binoculars I was going to get to help find objects, and the tube itself is 4 feet long! The scope is 55 lbs, but it's easy to take off the OTA and carry separately, then reattach (two screws) once you've reached your destination. It's amazing how much more light this gathers than my 5", but the 5" is still fun to do planetary viewing and have the motorized GOTO. I'm excited to get a very inexpensive camera and just take simple solar system photos. Here's the difference between the two (650mm vs. 1200mm):

No comments: