Friday, October 12, 2007

Hero Week: Part V: Dan/Jeff/Pete

Dan Aird. Jeff Eschler. Peter Tew. It's a funny feeling when you take people for granted for so long, and never realize what they have done for you. But I guess when you're as selfish as I was (and to a great extent still now), it was easy to overlook how much other people do for you. For me, these three great guys have always been my friends, from the day I met them.

I'm amazed sometimes how willing friends are to put up with a sulking, low self-esteem person who seems to focus on nothing but themselves. If nothing else, this should their highest praise. The three amigos (what they called themselves), were the best friends I could ever have asked for. All the rides to school, keeping me in the loop, and cheering me up in rough times. It doesn't just take a community to raise a child, it takes fierce friends who won't let go. We've had some really fun times since high school, getting together for great dinner and activities. I'm so grateful we still keep in touch.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to do as much in return.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: