Thursday, October 11, 2007

Hero Week: Part IV: Justin McMurray

Justin McMurray. This guy is golden. After returning home from my mission and moving into an apartment, I was incredible blessed to find a funny, cool, yet crazy guy in the young adult ward. He was integral in keeping my workaholic nature under control, and to help me just get out and play. There were many rough mornings (after a long Saturday work day) where Justin would come over to make sure I was coherent enough to get ready for church. He was such a great example of what I wanted to be. Never forcing, always encouraging.

We spent countless hours talking "geek", playing "Chicken Invaders", and other stuff. Hiking to waterfall canyon in Ogden, hot chocolate and caroling, to single adult activities. I was never left to wonder his perspective on the gospel, friendship, or integrity. I wish I had started writing in a journal, or at least had my blog back then, as we had so many great times, that just writing this entry has sparked more memories. He has always been a great friend - a one man support structure.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: