Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hero Week: Part VII: Lisa

Lisa. Bean. Evil Bean. So many thing describe my hero it's hard to pick and choose. It's like asking you what your favorite movie, song, and thing to eat, and just describe it in a few paragraphs. Bean is my hero. She brings such stability to our family. She's the one who works the hardest and asks for the least. She takes hard things in stride, and tries to make the best of me. I was trying to find a picture of just Lisa in our archive of pictures, but almost all of them include me, Sydney, or the twins (or a mix). She's always taking care of someone or something.

When we were first married, I was struggling with self-esteem (I'm not sure why - I was married to Lisa!). She was patient and kind, but didn't just sit back and let me drift. I remember the day we sat on the edge of the bed discussing things I liked and things I could do that would make me happy for a longer period of time. We started working out at the gym together, going on walks, and slowly, but surely, she made me see the good in me. It still amazes me the transition of our marriage. She is so smart, funny, and really hot. It reminds me of the Monk episode where he's talking about why his late wife married him. Speaking to his wife (invisible, like a memory) "Thank you for marrying me. What were you thinking?" I'm still not sure what she was thinking :)

Bean is the ideal mom. She's patient with the kids, always encouraging them in the smallest things. She has removed herself and put her family in the forefront. It's always fun to see Tanner bouncing on Lisa's knees playing "pop goes the weasel", or find her and Sydney chatting away while they clean the bathrooms. Bean works miracles, like many moms, taking care of the kids, making excellent meals, cleaning the house, etc. When we were first married, I took pictures of all the dinners I liked. The problem was, I was taking pictures every night...so I stopped. She's so supportive of my goals and aspirations, and loves to spend quality time with the family. She's the best wife and mom. No one would be luckier than to have a mom that lived their life for their children like she does.

Thanks Bean - love you!

No comments: