Friday, October 9, 2009

Hero Week Day 5: Rich Moore

Rich has always been a part of my life. I never would have grown to love computers or software development if it hadn't been for Rich. Classic games of ping pong and Warcraft II (IPX/SPX baby) bring back a lot of memories. He gave me my first computer. It was because they knew his work ethic that I got my first software job. But the thing I've always appreciated most was how much time Rich and I have spent. Of all my siblings, I'm sure we've spent the most time almost surpassing the rest. The thing I've learned the most from Rich is that despite pain and other heartache, you come through the kindness and caring beyond belief.

Anytime I'm struggling or needing someone to just listen, Rich has been there. Frequently he'll instant message me just to see how things are going. From Halo parties to just hanging out, Rich has always looked out for me. It's fun to see a good friend become a dad. Rich loves his kids beyond anything else.

Just this past week, we got together for lunch. Not only is his focus on what's new with me, he had personal experience that could help me with situations at work. We're quite similar in what we like, but he's far surpassed me on humility, kindness, and a guy that just wants what's best for his family.

Here's to hoping this friendshop just gets even better over time. Thanks for your example Rich!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: