Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkins and Witches Hats


Our little pumpkins might just be my favorite thing we grow in the garden. We got 76 this year and they are making my house look so cute for this autumn season. We also have fun giving them away to anyone who comes over.
This year we also visited a pick-your-pumpkin patch. We intend to carve them sometime this week and watch and kids get grossed out with having to pull out all the pumpkin innards. Hee hee. Actually Josh might be doing a lot of that job. I can't imagine that smell is not going to make nauseous right now.

Natalie has to take her stuffed puppy everywhere. It's like my 4th kid. Whenever we got anywhere it's apparently my responsibility to remember to bring puppy and his blankie.


This afternoon I did a guilt-induced craft/treat with the kids. I don't feel like I spend much quality time with the kids lately doing things just for fun. By the time I get done everything I need to get done I just don't have a lot of energy for extra things. There are other moms that do seem to have the energy, so I just want to pretend they don't exist right now. Anyways, I found this cute idea on one of my favorite blogs, for making these witch's hats. Go here if you want to check out the recipe. This is not a low-fat snack, but they are yummy!

Here are Sydney and Natalie doing some frosting. Tanner didn't join us because he took a late nap instead. It's not really his thing anyways. We let him eat one when he got up. Eating treats is Tanner's thing.

Natalie made a short attempt at frosting a cookie. Then she tasted the melted chocolate and said "Hey! It's yummy mama!" like she was surprised. After that hardly any of her frosting made it onto the cookie.

8 comments:

Erin said...

That looks like so much fun. I sometimes feel like I don't do enough just for fun stuff with my kids either. I am going to copy the Witches hats!

Roseann said...

I am not so good at doing all those cute fun things with my boys either. I think you are doing much better than you think. Way to be a fun Mom even when you don't feel up to it. Hopefully that second trimester energy will come soon for you. I love your pumpkins. You have inspired me to do some next year. Also, I think you know I changed my blog, but you still have my old one in your blog roll.

Debra said...

How cute! You are a great mom! Is that the pumpkin patch in West Jordan? We go there, too!

Andrea said...

Great photos, Lisa! I love all of the craftiness and festivities that come along with the holiday's. Good for you for taking advantage of it all. I need to follow your lead.

The Rubens said...

That's a lot of little pumpkins. Looks like you guys are having lots of Halloween fun! It is such a fun holiday!

Kate said...

All those little pumpkins from your garden are so cute! That witch hat treat looks yummy and like fun too!

linda said...

Wow, that's a ton of "Jack be Little's"...
You're lucky you don't have deer who come in your yard and eat everything in the garden!!

wende said...

so cute! eating treats is my thing too. and i'm totally into natalie's way of frosting cookies. :)