Monday, October 20, 2008

Daddy daughter time

Well...this time it was something I wanted to do. The leaves were turning and I wanted to get one last hike in before Big Cottonwood was too cold or snowy. It turned out to be really nice, although the best colored leaves we saw were from the street. Sydney told me all about her day at preschool. She gets this *great* trait from me where she assumes you know what she's talking about or what Lisa calls it: starting two sentences in. Anyway, it was fun to find out Sydney talked about trees, leaves and their veins today at preschool. She said look - the tree's "bock". I was like...uh...bock....bock....oh bark! Anyway, here are some pictures from our hike up Willow Heights:


I love the lighting on these.

I love the red bushes. The accents were awesome. But my favorite are the trees and the reflection on the water. We had lunch at the same spot we did a few weeks ago.

In true Wende fashion, we needed a good self-portrait.

One of my favorite shots up by the lake.

Sydney just loves to find new poses.

The only real color changes on the hike.

Me and my friend Sydney.

See - more colors from the street :)

1 comment:

wende said...

you're such a cute dad - and i LOVE the self portait! seriously, i was never in the photos before, now i'm pretty good at it! your photographs of the hike are down right awesome! i think i see a few "frame worthy" shots in there! i smell a photo montage on your wall!