Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hero Week Day 3: Sydney


Lisa had the great idea to use Sydney as a hero. Instantly I had ideas running through my head. Sydney is far from perfect, but she has so many attributes I wish I could emulate.

Loving
How many times she just knows when I need a hug or to play My Little Pony memory. Okay, maybe not the game I'd choose, but the point is valid. So many times we're told to be childlike without being childish. Sydney is so loving, even at age 4 she'll choose to do things I like to do because I like it and we can do it together. I am frequently too selfish to make small sacrifices like this.

Easy to laugh
Sydney's hilarious. Frequently I talk/blog about Natalie being the spunky comedian, but a lot of her tricks she learned from Sydney. Lately Sydney's been calling me Honky and herself Prito. We were walking to the park the other day and she said "Syd the bird" and proceeded to laugh for several minutes trying to get the same phrase "Syd the bird", laughing so hard she could barely get it out. The other day, she taps me on the shoulder and says "the bird in Nemo says....nice" and just giggles. There are too many opportunities to enjoy life and enjoy the journey.

A big helper
From the time the twins were born, I was always amazed that Sydney never complained about losing 1:1 time. We've tried to make it even, it's just hard when sometimes you have to hold the twins. I'm getting better about it. But this section's not about that. Sydney has been such a great helper with the twins. From tracking down binkies, to playing their style games, to holding Tanner's hand and walking around with him, to jumping and doing funny things in front of them while we go on walks to keep them entertained. Always wanting to help with dinner, always wanting to learn how things work so she can do it too, just (almost) always wanting to be a big helper.

Love you Sydney. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: