Friday, October 10, 2008

Hero Week Day 5: Eric and Andrea Ruben


Eric and Andrea Ruben are amazing examples. I love all my family, in-laws, etc, but there are several things that make my day whenever I interact with these two. Eric and I had a few classes together at SLCC getting our Associates Degree. We worked on several projects together at work. But the things that I will always remember is that when we get together or whenever we see each other, there's always time to chat, really interested in what's going on, and how the kids are. I love seeing Eric and Andrea spend time with our kids. Andrea has made several hats from a really cute winter hat to princess hats for Sydney's birthdays. It's the time they spend and how they do it that I really admire.

It's always neat to see someone want something and work really hard to get it. This epitomizes Eric and Andrea. It doesn't matter how hard it is, it doesn't matter how long it will take, it's what they want and it's what they'll get. Andrea has been Relief Society president and Eric is Elder's quorum president right now.

I'm starting to understand hero week as it goes on for its second year. I'm learning to appreciate those who are good examples by who they are and what they do. In Batman Begins, there's a line where she says "It's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you." My heroes are more than just good underneath, they show it. Eric and Andrea - you rock!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: